No products in the cart.
If you’re a regular DIY-er then you are no stranger to this topic. Citrus foods are rich in Vitamin C, Calcium (skin rejuvenation), Thiamin & Niacin (anti-aging), Potassium (cellular hydration) and a host of other vitamins and minerals. Citruses are known to moisturise and tone the skin by speeding up cellular turnover and refreshing the skin instantly. Dehydrated skin will typically look dull but a healthy dose of Vitamin C is the ultimate skin pick-me-up!!!
Lemon is a great complexion booster and enhancer, because of it’s high concentrations of vitamin C and citric acid. It cuts down oil production and because it is also antibacterial, it helps to treat acne. Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin, which is essential for collagen formation (hello anti-aging!) and is essential for healing scars on the body (did I hear you say scarring and skin rejuvenation???).
Citrus lovers…PAUSE…take a deep breath…the effects of citrus can however be counterproductive if not used the right way, so it is important to know how to use these super fruits for optimal results.
You can develop photosensitivity especially when exposed to the sun and this makes it easier for your skin to burn…causing issues with hyper-pigmentation, so the opposite effects will be reaped. Always ensure that you use your citrus infused skincare products at night and follow up with sunscreen during the day or stay out of the sun as much as possible.
However, my personal favourite citrus benefit are it’s antibacterial properties…IT ELIMINATES BODY ODOUR! Like it was never there…Lemon is a game-changer, it inhibits odour producing bacteria and deodorises armpits!
Simple home remedies
Mix 1 small lemon + 1tbsp Raw Honey + 1 tbsp. brown sugar = Glowing Skin instantly!
- Mix all the ingredients
- Wash your face and open your pores by wiping your face with a warm towel.
- Apply the mixture in a gentle, circular motion avoiding your eye area and leave on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off using cold water
- Moisturise using our Goat Milk Lotion
- Go to bed and sleep like a baby!
**Repeat 2-3 times a week for best results**
Know someone who is suffering from body odour? Send them a care package containing these essentials and they will thank you for it! You will need;
- 5 lemons
- Shaving stick
- Antibacterial soap & sponge
- Cut up 2 lemons and squeeze the juice into your bathing water and drop the remaining pulp into the bucket.
- Shave your armpits and ensure that all hair is removed.
- Scrub body vigorously with soap and a sponge focusing especially on your armpits. Rinse off and repeat this step 3 times.
- Cut up the remaining 3 lemons and massage the juicy part onto your armpits and all over your body (avoid the eye area). Leave on for 2 minutes and repeat 2 times.
- Rinse off and towel dry. Follow up with deodorant
** Repeat this 3 times a week**